You need to install 2 separate apps, one to Jira and another to Bitbucket, to implement the complete commit policy verification mechanism. Each app can be conveniently installed through the Universal Plugin Manager (UPM). The whole procedure requires only some clicks and some minutes of your time.
Install the Better Commit Policy for Jira app to your Jira.
This app provides the commit policy verification functionality for every sort of Version Control Systems.
See the installation guide.
Install the Better Commit Policy for Bitbucket app to your Bitbucket Server.
This app integrates the previous app to Bitbucket Server.
See the installation guide.
- Create the application link between Bitbucket Server and Jira.
As this integration is composed of multiple components, each with its own versioning, the following table defines the recommended combinations:
|Bitbucket data-center||Better Commit Policy for Bitbucket||Better Commit Policy for Jira|
|5.2.x or newer||3.0.x or newer||3.0.x or newer|
|5.2.x or newer||2.2.x||1.3.x - 2.4.x|
|4.0.x - 5.1.x||2.0.x - 2.1.x||1.3.x - 2.4.x|
|3.7.x - 3.11.x||0.8.x||1.3.x or newer|
Note: the compatible Jira version is any version that is compatible with the corresponding Better Commit Policy for Jira version.
Installing the app
You can easily install the Better Commit Policy for Bitbucket app using the Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) that is built into Bitbucket.
You can install it in two different ways. We highly recommend the first approach for your convenience. You should use the second approach only if the server that hosts your Bitbucket instance has no access to the Atlassian Marketplace, i.e. when direct Bitbucket-server-to-Marketplace-server communication is not possible.
Installing directly from Atlassian Marketplace
- Login to Bitbucket as administrator, go to Bitbucket Administration → Add-ons → Find new add-ons and search for the term "better commit policy".
- Click Install at the entry of "Better Commit Policy for Bitbucket" in the search results.
- Click Manage add-ons in the left and check whether "Better Commit Policy for Bitbucket" is visible in the User-installed add-ons list, and whether it is enabled.
Installing by uploading the app JAR
- Download the app JAR from its version history page at Atlassian Marketplace. Make sure that you download the app version correctly matching your Bitbucket Data Center version.
- Login to Bitbucket as administrator, go to Bitbucket Administration → Add-ons → Manage add-ons and click Upload add-on in the right.
- Click Browse, select the better-commit-policy-for-bitbucket-x.y.z.jar that you just downloaded, and upload it.
- Check whether "Better Commit Policy for Bitbucket" is visible in the User-installed add-ons list, and whether it is enabled.